Physician Co-operation with the College
Professional Standard Regarding Physician Co-operation with the College
Self-regulation is a privilege of the medical profession which comes with responsibilities.
This standard sets out the mandatory responsibilities of physicians that pertain to cooperation with the College.
- Complete the annual license renewal form accurately and honestly;
- Promptly inform the College of a change of address or changes to other contact information;
- Promptly notify the College of any change in practice status including retirement;
- Inform the College of the location of stored or transferred medical records upon practice closure, relocation or retirement;
- Cooperate with the requirements of the Physician Peer Review Nova Scotia Program to maintain high standards of practice; and
- Cooperate with any requirements of an investigation or hearing committee dealing with a practice complaint.
Canadian Medical Association
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Professional Standards Regarding Temporarily or Permanently Closing a Medical Practice
- Guidelines for Retiring Physicians Regarding Licensing and Notification
- Nova Scotia Medical Act (Section 23)
Approved by the Council of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia on: October 16, 2009, and March 21, 2014.
Revised and approved by the Council of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia on: March 27, 2020.
Approximate date of next review: 2023.