Renew Training Licence
We will email you when it comes time to renew your licence. Please send us any changes to your email address so you don’t miss this notice. If you did NOT receive an email, call renewal support at 902-482-5825 to ensure that we have your correct email address.
You must renew your licence and pay the fee before May 31, 2020 in order to continue in your training program at Dalhousie University.
You can save money by renewing your licence and paying the fee on or before May 20, 2020.
It is best to renew your licence on a Windows laptop or desktop computer as the renewal page was developed for Windows Internet Explorer. It may not work as well with other internet browsers.
Follow these steps to renew your postgraduate training licence:
- On our website, go to Member Services.
- Enter your email address in the space provided.
- Enter your password. Note, passwords are case-sensitive.
- Go to Renew Your Postgraduate Training Licenceand follow the instructions. You can save your progress at any time and return to the form using the Save and Pay Later Your progress will be saved until the renewal deadline of May 31.
- Pay the fee using the same online renewal form. Note, you must pay using Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, or a debit card from one of these banks:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fee and deadline to renew my Nova Scotia Postgraduate Training Licence?
Licence Fees and Deadlines
$200.00 (licence renewal form and fee received by the College by May 20, 2020)
$250.00 (licence renewal form and fee received by the College May 21 to May 29, 2020)
The College will send you an email notification on April 30, 2020. It is important that you keep the College notified of any changes in your email address.
Will renewing my Postgraduate Training licence automatically renew my Postgraduate Practising Licence?
No. You must reapply for a Postgraduate Practising Licence (resident moonlighting) for each academic year. Your current moonlighting licence will automatically expire on June 30, 2020.
I didn’t receive an email notification to renew my Postgraduate Training Licence? Should I contact the College?
Yes. If you did not receive the email renewal notification, the College may not have your correct email address on file. Contact renewal support at 902-482-5825 to confirm your email address.
What if I don’t need a Postgraduate Training Licence for the upcoming academic year?
If you receive an email notification from the College to renew your Postgraduate Training Licence but do not require a training licence in Nova Scotia for the upcoming academic year, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you are completing your training program and intend to practise in Nova Scotia, please visit Registration and Licensing for information on obtaining a licence to practise.
How does the renewal process work?
Annual licence renewal is a secure, online-only process that takes 5 minutes to complete. Please note that you cannot renew your Postgraduate Training Licence via mail or in-person at the College.
- Click on Member Services
- Log-in using:
- Your email address on file with the College
- Your password (passwords are case-sensitive)
- Click on Renew Your Postgraduate Training Licence and follow the on-screen instructions for completing the renewal form and payment of fees.
- A Save and Pay Later option enables you to save the information you enter and return later to complete the form and initiate payment. Note that renewals not completed by May 20, 2020 will be subject to a $50.00 late fee.
- Fee payment through the online form can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit or debit/bank card (Scotiabank, BMO, RBC and TD only).
- Once the College has reviewed and approved your renewal form, you will receive an email confirmation of renewal with your receipt.
What if I have problems logging into the website to renew?
The renewal page has been optimized for Windows Internet Explorer and may not function correctly with other internet browsers. The College recommends that you use a desktop or laptop computer.
- Be sure that you have entered your email address correctly. It is important that you keep the College informed of any changes in your email address.
- Your password is case-sensitive. If you have already logged into Member Services, you should already have a password.
- If you do not have a password or you have forgotten your password:
- Click on Forgot Your Password?
- Enter the email address you have on file with the College.
- Click on Submit.
- You will receive an email with a link to set a new password (this will come from DO NOT REPLY – CPSNS).
- Check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive this email.
- If you do not receive an email to reset your password, contact the College at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 902-482-5825 or toll-free 1-877-282-7767. Try logging in later. The site may be working at full capacity or undergoing maintenance.
How do I obtain a confirmation of licence renewal and receipt?
A confirmation of licensure and receipt will be forwarded to you by email once the Registration Department has reviewed and approved your renewal.
Is technical assistance available?
Yes. Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Phone 902-482-5825
- Toll-free 1-877-282-7767
You can also send an email to email@example.com.