Obtaining a Certificate of Professional Conduct
We provide Certificates of Professional Conduct at your request
You may ask for a Certificate of Professional Conduct (CPC) if you have, or have had, a licence to practice medicine in Nova Scotia. This certificate shows that we have issued you such a licence. It also shows your standing with us, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia.
How do I apply for a CPC?
- Download the consent form (PDF – 2 pages – 206 KB).
- Read the consent form carefully, it lists all the information that appears on the certificate.
- Fill in all the blanks. If the form is incomplete we will return it to you.
- If your request is urgent, mark “urgent” on your consent form. We will try to speed up your request if possible.
- Enclose the fee. We must receive payment before we can issue your certificate. You may pay by Visa, Visa debit or Mastercard.
- Send us your completed form and fee by mail, email, or fax:
- Mail to: Suite 400 – 175 Western Parkway, Bedford, NS, B4B 0V1.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 902-422-5035
Questions? Call 902-422-5823 in HRM or toll free 1-877-282-7767
We will waive the fee for your Certificate of Professional Conduct under the following circumstances:
- You are completing an elective in another province or territory and are currently registered in a postgraduate training program at Dalhousie University and hold a postgraduate training licence with us.
- You are volunteering in another jurisdiction without financial compensation.
What if I’ve practised outside Nova Scotia?
When you renew your licence, you must tell us if you have practised outside Nova Scotia since you last renewed your licence. You must also provide a Certificate of Professional Conduct from every jurisdiction in which you have practised.
For more information, see Certificates of Professional Conduct – Requirements for Licensure in Nova Scotia.
What happens next?
We will send the original Certificate of Professional Conduct to the regulatory authority or healthcare institution marked on your consent form. We usually do this within 5 to 14 days from the date we received your request. This may take longer in some cases.