Request a Certificate of Professional Conduct
You may ask for a Certificate of Professional Conduct (CPC) if you have, or have had, a licence to practice medicine in Nova Scotia. This certificate indicates that the College issued you such a licence and your standing with us.
Apply for a Certificate of Professional Conduct
- Download the consent form (PDF – 2 pages – 206 KB).
- Mark an urgent request as “urgent” on your consent form.
- Send us your completed form by mail, email, or fax:
- 400 – 175 Western Parkway, Bedford, Nova Scotia, B4B 0V1
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 902-422-5035
You will receive a link to submit your payment online. If you do not receive the payment link please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will waive the fee for your CPC if:
- you are completing an elective in another province or territory and are currently registered in a postgraduate training program at Dalhousie University and hold a postgraduate training licence with us; or
- you are volunteering in another jurisdiction without financial compensation.
We send the original Certificate of Professional Conduct to the regulatory authority or healthcare institution marked on your consent form. This ususally occurs within 5 to 14 days from the date we received your request, but may take longer in some cases.
We are here to help.
Call: 902-422-5823 or toll free: 1-877-282-7767
Practise outside of Nova Scotia
When you renew your licence, you must tell us if you have practised outside Nova Scotia since you last renewed your licence. You must also provide a Certificate of Professional Conduct from every jurisdiction in which you have practised.
For more information, see Certificates of Professional Conduct – Requirements for Licensure in Nova Scotia.