Position Title: Registration Coordinator
Reports To: Director, Registration
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia serves the public by regulating the province’s medical profession in accordance with the Nova Scotia Medical Act and its regulations. Among other responsibilities, the College licenses physicians to practise medicine, supports high standards of medical practice and investigates complaints about physicians.
Reporting to the Director of the Registration Department, the Registration Coordinator is the primary contact for Physicians, and organizations such as the Nova Scotia Health Authority and Dalhousie University regarding licensing and registration.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process physician licensing applications;
- Develop a solid understanding of Nova Scotia Medical Act, Medical Practitioners Regulations, and departmental policies;
- Interact with physicians and other stakeholders with an excellent phone mannerism and the ability to connect with people;
- Work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Multi-task and prioritize.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree and/or business diploma;
- Four years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as described;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe, and Microsoft CRM;
- Highly confidential.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, pension plan, a health and wellness allowance, educational assistance and professional development opportunities.
If you qualify for the above position we invite you to apply with your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received until the position is filled. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.