- Serving the public by effectively regulating medical practice
- A trusted and respected leader that protects the public while supporting the medical profession
- Promotion of professionalism and excellence in medical care;
- The public’s confidence in the College;
- Accountability and transparency of process;
- Our commitment to ethical and responsible self-regulation;
- Our leadership role;
- Our dedication to continuous improvement;
- Collaboration, innovation and flexibility; and
- Compassion and respect for human dignity.
Strategic Themes 2017-2018
To support improved access to competent primary care through effective regulation.
To build understanding and trust in the work of the College.
To ensure that the commercial interests of physicians do not work against the individual and collective rights of patients, or the good name of the profession.
To lead efforts to improve physician prescribing and to protect the public.