The basic requirements for a Full Licence with the College are as follows:
- be a graduate in medicine from a university or school that meets criteria approved by the Council of the College;
- be a Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC);
- for family practice, hold certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada; or have completed a one year rotating internship in Canada prior to 1993;
- for specialty practice, hold certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
- meet the English language proficiency requirements of the College; and
- be legally able to work in Canada.
For more information refer to the College’s Medical Practitioners Regulations.
Your Application: Getting Started
- Determine if you meet the requirements for a Full Licence. Please contact the College at (902) 422-5823 if you have any questions regarding your eligibility for a Full Licence.
- Complete the Application for Medical Registration (AMR) at physiciansapply.ca.
- The College will review your information submitted through physiciansapply.ca to determine your eligibility to proceed with the application process.
- Once your information is reviewed, the College will contact you regarding next steps in your application process.