Get Ready to Renew Your Medical Licence and Corporation Permit
Each year you must renew your medical licence. If you practise within a corporation for which you are listed as a medical director, you must also renew your corporation permit.
Important Dates for Your Renewal
November 1-30: Renewal is Open
- Renew your licence and corporation permit between November 1-30.
December 1: Late Fees Applied
- Renewals received after November 30 are subject to a late fee.
January 1: License Expiry
- Failure to renew your medical licence will result in your licence expiring on January 1:
- You will not be allowed to practise medicine in Nova Scotia.
- You will lose your hospital privileges.
- You will not be paid through MSI or other insurers.
January 1: Permit Expiry
- Failure to renew your permit will result in your permit expiring on January 1:
- You will not be able to practise medicine under your corporation.
- You could suffer tax consequences if the Medical Corporation Permit expires.
Before you renew your medical licence and corporation permit, please review your renewal checklists: