NSHA – Virtual Appointment Practice Guidelines & Implementation Guide
In response to the global pandemic declaration by the World Health Organization, implementation of these guidelines when providing care via telephone in your clinics is necessary:
- Use professional judgement to determine whether patient consult via telephone is appropriate in a particular case.
- Ensure the physical setting in which the care is provided provides for confidentiality.
- Ensure patient safety by being aware of patient’s location and proximity of services
- Request patient’s next of kin or alternate support person in the case of an emergency.
- During telephone appointments we are unable to complete a physical assessment therefore, we are relying on the patient to provide us accurate information. Keeping this in mind, documentation is vital.
- Call 911 or follow standard emergency protocols for an immediate emergency response as needed.
Please read the full Virtual Care Guideline document from NSHA.
NSHA – COVID-19 Virtual Visit Implementation Guide
This document is intended to:
- Assist providers in developing a plan to integrate virtual visits into their practice;
- Advise on the types of services where virtual visits should be considered under the current circumstances.
Please read the full Virtual Visit Implementation Guide.