Restricted licences for recently retired physicians – limited to pandemic response as directed by NSHA and IWK
Recently retired Nova Scotia physicians can apply for a restricted licence to help in the pandemic response at no cost. This restricted licence is time-limited and specific to addressing the response to COVID-19 as directed by NSHA and IWK.
To be eligible you must:
- Have had a full licence at the time of retirement in Nova Scotia (not provisional or restricted)
- Have practised in Nova Scotia within the last 3 years
- Plan to work within your scope of practice
- Obtain Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) coverage
- Provide consent to share your licensing information with the NSHA or IWK
This work is under the direction of NSHA and IWK. This licence is valid until June 30, 2020, and end date will be reviewed at that time.
College staff will work with you to review your licensing history and speak with you about your intention to work during the pandemic.
For questions contact email@example.com.