Access to Application and Related Documents by Applicants
- Upon the written request of an applicant for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (College), the College will provide the applicant with access to records held by the College that are related to the application.
- The College will not provide access to records held by the College that are related to the application if:
- The record or any information in the record is subject to a legal privilege that restricts disclosure of the record or the information, as the case may be;
- Another enactment, including an Act of the Parliament of Canada or a Regulations pursuant to such an Act, or a Court Order or Order of a quasi-judicial tribunal prohibits disclosure of the record or any information in the record in the circumstances;
- Granting the access could reasonably be expected to lead to the identification of a person who provided information in the record to the regulating body explicitly or implicitly in confidence, and the regulating body considers it appropriate in the circumstances that the identity of the person be kept confidential;
- Granting the access could reasonably be expected to threaten or harm the mental or physical health or the safety of another person; or
- Granting the access could negatively affect public safety or could undermine the integrity of the registration process.
- Access to records held by the College that are related to the application can be provided by paper, electronically or facsimile as per the applicant’s request.
- The fee for making an application file available will not exceed the amount of reasonable cost recovery. Fees for courier service are the responsibility of the applicant.
- The fee will be collected prior to the release of any information.
February 7, 2017