Renew Your Corporation Permit
Corporation permits must be renewed annually with the College. Corporation permits are renewed by the medical director of the corporation.
Physicians are also required to renew their licence to practise medicine annually.
The College uses email to communicate with our members during licence and corporate renewal times. To ensure our emails reach you, please add our email address – email@example.com – to your safe senders list.
If you do not renew your corporation permit by December 31, 2018, the permit will expire.
Please be advised that any physician whose practice income flows through their corporation could be subject to adverse tax consequences as a result.
To reactivate a permit after this date, the medical director of the corporation must contact the College at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation of corporation permits cannot be processed online. If you plan to discontinue your permit effective January 1, 2019, please notify the College in writing or by email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand All
Yes. Both renewals can be completed during the same session.
Online renewal of your corporation permit and your medical licence will open on November 1 and close at midnight on December 31, 2018.
Physicians who have not renewed their corporation permit before the deadline will have their corporation permit suspended and will not be able to practise medicine under that corporation.
2018 Corporation Permit Fees:
- November 1 – November 30, 2018 inclusive: $100.00 annual permit renewal fee
- December 1 – December 31, 2018 inclusive: $100.00 annual permit renewal fee + $25.00 late fee = $125.00
- After December 31, 2018: $100.00 annual permit renewal fee + $25.00 late fee + $100.00 restoration fee = $225.00
Permit cancellations cannot be processed online.
If you plan to discontinue your permit effective January 1, 2019, please notify the College in writing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Email address on file with the College to log-in online and to receive a confirmation of permit renewal and receipt.
2. List of physicians currently practising within the corporation(s).
3. A Visa, Master Card or Visa Debit, including the expiry date and 3-4 digit security number (CVC), or a debit card number (Scotiabank, RBC, BMO or TD only). If your payment does not go through, please contact your banking institution directly.
1. Please visit the College’s website at www.cpsns.ns.ca and click on Member Services in the top right corner of the screen.
2. You will then be asked to login to begin your corporate permit renewal. Login information required:
- Username: (this is your current email address on file with the College); and
- Password (if you have forgotten your password you can request a new one by following the instructions on the Member Services site)
3. On the Member Services page please select Renew Your Permit to Practise within a Corporation.
4. Follow the instructions for completing your permit renewal and payment of fees.
- A Save and Pay Later option enables you to save your entered information and return later to complete your renewal.
- Your entry will be saved until the online renewal process ends on December 31, 2018.
- Renewals not submitted on or before December 1, 2018 will be subject to a late fee.
If you do not have access to a computer to submit your renewal, the College can provide secure computer access and assistance at its offices between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. from November 1 to December 21, 2018.
For technical assistance, call:
During business hours
- 902-482-5825 or toll-free 1-877-282-7767 (Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from November 1 to December 21, 2018)
- 902-482-5825 (Monday to Friday 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. from November 1 to November 30, 2018)
Upon approval of your application and receipt of your payment, you will receive a confirmation email from the College. This email will include confirmation of renewal and your receipt.