Renewing a Postgraduate Training Licence
Frequently Asked Questions Expand All
Licence Fees and Deadlines
- $200.00 (licence renewal form and fee received by the College on or before May 22, 2019)
- $250.00 (licence renewal form and fee received by the College from May 23 to May 27, 2019)
The College will send you an email notification when renewal opens. It is important that you notify the College of changes to your email address.
The online renewal option is not available after May 27, 2019. If you do not renew your licence, you cannot continue in your training program at Dalhousie University.
2. Will renewing my Postgraduate Training Licence automatically renew my Postgraduate Practising Licence (Resident Moonlighting)?
No. A Postgraduate Practising Licence (resident moonlighting) automatically expires on June 30 every year. If you plan to work outside of your training program during the upcoming academic year, you will need to apply for a Postgraduate Practising Licence.
3. I didn't receive an email notification to renew my Postgraduate Training Licence. Should I contact the College?
Yes. If you did not receive the renewal notification email, the College may not have your correct email address on file. Contact renewal support at 902-482-5825 to confirm your email address.
If you receive an email notification from the College to renew your Postgraduate Training Licence but do not require a training licence in Nova Scotia for the upcoming year, please contact the College via email at: email@example.com.
If you are completing your training program and are intending to practise in Nova Scotia, please visit the Registration and Licensing section on the College website for information on obtaining a licence to practise.
Annual licence renewal is a secure, online-only process that takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Please note that you cannot renew your Postgraduate Training Licence via mail or in-person at the College.
1. Click on Member Services.
2. Log-in using:
- Your e-mail address on file with the College
- Your password (passwords are case-sensitive)
3. Click on Renew Your Postgraduate Training Licence and follow the on-screen instructions for completing the renewal form and payment of fees.
4. A Save and Pay Later option enables you to save the information you enter and return later to complete the form and initiate payment. Your responses will be saved until the online renewal closes on May 27, 2019. Note that renewals not completed by May 27, 2019 will be subject to a $50.00 late fee.
5. Fee payment through the online form can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit or debit/bank card (Scotiabank, BMO, RBC and TD only).
6. Once the College has reviewed and approved your renewal form, you will receive a confirmation of renewal via email along with your receipt.
The renewal page has been optimized for Windows Internet Explorer, and may not function correctly with other internet browsers. While renewals can be completed on most mobile devices, the College recommends that you use a desktop or laptop computer.
1. Be sure that you have entered your e-mail address correctly. It is important that you notify the College of changes to your email address.
2. Your password is case-sensitive. If you have logged into Member Services in the past, you should already have a password.
3. If you do not have a password or you have forgotten your password:
- Click on Forgot Your Password?
- Enter the e-mail address you have on file with the College.
- Click on Submit.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to set a new password (this will come from DO NOT REPLY – CPSNS).
- Check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive this e-mail.
- If you do not receive an e-mail to reset your password, contact the College at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-482-5825 or toll free at 1-877-282-7767.
- If you are still having issues, try logging on later. The site may be working at full capacity or undergoing maintenance.
A confirmation of licensure and receipt will be forwarded to you via e-mail once the College has reviewed and approved your renewal.