Medical Corporation Permit
Considering incorporating your medical practice?
There are conditions and requirements placed on professional corporations under the Medical Professional Corporations Act. The College recommends that you obtain independent legal and tax advice before incorporating.
- Contact the Registry of Joint Stock Companies to set up a medical practice corporation. This includes selecting the name of your corporation.
- Contact the College for approval of your proposed corporate name. The name of a professional corporation must be a fit and proper name for a corporation engaged in the practice of medicine.
- When the corporate name is approved by the College, then complete your incorporation application with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
- Once your application is approved by the Registry of Joint Stocks you must obtain a permit to practise under your corporation from the College. Obtain your corporation permit by completing the Application for a Permit (Form A) and the payment of the annual permit fee form.
For more information refer to:
- Registry of Joint Stock Companies
- Medical Professional Corporations Act
- Medical Professional Corporation Regulations