An Academic Licence may be granted to applicants with a faculty appointment with Dalhousie University for clinical, teaching or research duties on the request of the Dean of Medicine, Dalhousie University.
The basic requirements for an Academic Licence with the College are as follows:
- be a graduate in medicine from a university or school that meets criteria approved by the Council of the College;
- have postgraduate training appropriate for the practice and approved by Council;
- meet the English Language Proficiency requirements of the College;
- be legally able to work in Canada; and
- comply with any requirements considered necessary by Council.
For more information refer to the College’s Medical Practitioners Regulations.
Your Application: Getting Started
- Determine if you meet the requirements for an Academic Licence. Please contact the College at (902) 422-5823 if you have any questions regarding your eligibility for an Academic Licence.
- Complete the Application for Medical Registration (AMR) at physiciansapply.ca.
- The College will review your information submitted through physiciansapply.ca to determine your eligibility to proceed with the application process.
- Once your information is reviewed, the College will contact you regarding next steps in your application process.