Certificate of Professional Conduct
You must request a Certificate of Professional Conduct from all regulatory authorities in whose jurisdictions you currently hold, or ever held, any type of licence or registration in the previous 10 years*.
Please note the following:
- If you currently hold a Postgraduate Training Licence in Nova Scotia, you do NOT need to ask us for a Certificate of Professional Conduct.
- A Certificate of Professional Conduct must be dated within the immediate 45 days of your Nova Scotia licence being granted. For example, if you need your Nova Scotia licence by July 1, you should NOT ask for your Certificate of Professional Conduct BEFORE May 17.
- We must receive your certificates of professional conduct directly from the licensing authorities that issue them. We will NOT accept a certificate the licensing authority has given to you.
- We will NOT accept a copy of your licence or registration certificate where you have held a licence. This is NOT evidence of professional conduct.
- Most regulatory authorities charge a fee for certificates of professional conduct.
*The registrar may ask you for additional information.