Site Search
Skip to main content

Setting Up a Medical Corporation

  1. Hire a lawyer to help you set up your medical corporation.
  2. Contact the Registry of Joint Stock Companies to set up your corporation. You will have to choose a name for your corporation at this time.
  3. Contact us for written approval of the name you have chosen for your corporation.
  1. Once we have approved your corporate name, complete your application with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
  2. Once your application is approved by the Registry of Joint Stock Companies, you or your lawyer must do these things:

Once approved, we will send your Medical Corporation Permit to the law firm you used to set up your medical corporation. If you did not use a law firm, we will send the permit to the address you provided on Form A under Registered Office of the Corporation.

Note: You need a permit from us to practise medicine within your corporation. If you do not intend to practise medicine under your corporation, you do not need such a permit.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use my out-of-province medical corporation to practise in Nova Scotia?

Yes. You need to do 2 things:

Can I keep my corporation permit with the college if I leave Nova Scotia?

Yes, as long as you maintain an active licence with us and provide a registered address in Nova Scotia. You can change your corporation’s address on the Member Services part of this website.