Setting Up a Medical Corporation
- Hire a lawyer to help you set up your medical corporation.
- Contact the Registry of Joint Stock Companies to set up your corporation. You will have to choose a name for your corporation at this time.
- Contact us for written approval of the name you have chosen for your corporation.
- Fax: 902-422-5035
- Email: email@example.com
- Once we have approved your corporate name, complete your application with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
- Once your application is approved by the Registry of Joint Stock Companies, you or your lawyer must do these things:
- Complete the Application for a Permit (Form A) (PDF – 5 pages – 169 KB).
- Affix your corporate seal to the application.
- Send us the original application for approval. We do not accept faxed copies. Mail to: Suite 400 – 175 Western Parkway; Bedford, NS; B4B 0V1.
Once approved, we will send your Medical Corporation Permit to the law firm you used to set up your medical corporation. If you did not use a law firm, we will send the permit to the address you provided on Form A under Registered Office of the Corporation.
Note: You need a permit from us to practise medicine within your corporation. If you do not intend to practise medicine under your corporation, you do not need such a permit.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand All
Yes. You need to do 2 things:
- Get a Certificate of Continuance from the Registry of Joint Stock Companies in Nova Scotia.
- Get a Medical Corporation Permit from us.
Yes, as long as you maintain an active licence with us and provide a registered address in Nova Scotia. You can change your corporation’s address on the Member Services part of this website.