Renew Your Medical Corporation Permit
The medical director of your medical corporation MUST renew the Medical Corporation Permit every year. Permits are valid from January through December. We will email you a renewal notice in late October.
You will know an email is from us if you see email@example.com in the sender field. Please add this address to your safe senders list.
We recommend that you begin the renewal process in November. If you are practising medicine, you will have to renew your medical licence at the same time.
If you do NOT renew your permit by December 31, it will expire and you will NOT be able to practise medicine under that corporation. Physicians whose practice income flows through the corporation could suffer tax consequences if the Medical Corporation Permit expires.
Note: Renewal of your medical corporation permit is a separate process from your licence renewal.
It is best to renew your medical corporation permit on a Windows laptop or desktop computer as the renewal page was developed for Windows Internet Explorer. It may not work as well with other internet browsers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information do I need to renew my permit?
Have the following information ready when you go to renew your permit:
- the email address we have on file for you. You need this to log in and to receive confirmation of your permit renewal and your receipt.
- the list of physicians who are currently practising within your corporation
- your payment method including the expiry date and security number on the back of your credit or debit card. Payments can be made using Visa, Mastercard, or Visa Debit, or with a debit card from one of the following banks:
How much does it cost?
Annual renewal fee: $100.00
Late fee: $25.00
Restoration fee: $100.00
November 1 through November 30, pay $100.00, the annual renewal fee.
December 1 through December 31, pay $125.00 (annual renewal fee + the late fee).
After December 31, pay $225.00 (annual renewal fee + the late fee + the restoration fee).
How do I renew my permit?
Follow these steps to renew your permit:
- On our website, go to Member Services.
- Enter your email address in the space provided.
- Enter your password. Note, passwords are case-sensitive.
- Go to Renew Your Permit to Practise within a Corporation and follow the instructions. You can save your progress at any time and return to the form using the Save and Pay Later. Your progress will be saved until the renewal deadline of December 31.
- Pay the fee using the same online renewal form.
Note: We do NOT accept payment by mail or in person at our offices. If your payment does NOT go through, contact your bank or credit card company.
What if I have problems with the online renewal?
If you do not have access to a computer to submit your renewal, we will provide you with a secure computer and help with the renewal process at our offices. This service is available from November, 1 to the third Thursday in December, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm.
You can also contact us if you need technical assistance:
Call 902-482-5825 anytime from November 1 to the third Thursday in December.
Call toll free 1-877-282-7767 from November 1 to the third Thursday in December, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm.
What happens next?
Once we have approved and renewed your permit and received payment, we will email you a confirmation of renewal and a receipt.
I don’t want to renew my permit, what do I do?
Please contact us by mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to let us know that you will not be renewing your permit.