Discontinue Your Medical Licence
Once you have decided that you no longer want to practise medicine in Nova Scotia, you must notify us with the following information:
- your name
- your licence number
- the date on which you will no longer need your medical licence
- the reason you no longer need the licence, such as retirement, leaving Nova Scotia, leave of absence, etc.
- your updated contact information
- the location of your patient records
- Fill out the Practice Closure and/or Discontinuance of Licence Form (PDF)
- Send your completed form to email@example.com or fax it to 902-422-5035
Note: Your licence may only be surrendered after you complete and return the form and you receive consent from the Registrar.
Should someone file a complaint about you after you have discontinued your licence, you will still be subject to the College’s complaints procedure.