A Focus on the Interaction of Medicine and Commerce
To ensure that the commercial interests of physicians do not work against the individual and collective rights of patients, or the good name of the profession.
- The College’s regulation of the commercial activity of physicians is anchored in fair and transparent policy.
- Physicians meet professional and ethical standards in all commercial activities.
- Patients are protected from physician conflicts of interest.
The College will:
- develop a catalogue of standards and guidelines;
- educate and direct the profession;
- inform the public; and
- regulate accordingly.