A Focus on the College’s Responsibility regarding Monitored Prescription Drugs
To lead efforts to improve physician prescribing and to protect the public.
- Physician prescribing of monitored substances is appropriate and aligned with best practices.
- There is tighter regulation of physicians whose prescribing is not aligned with best practices.
The College will:
- promote best prescribing practices;
- implement programs to identify, support and regulate physicians where prescribing is not aligned with best practice;
- support physicians in their attempt to safely taper opioid prescribing where appropriate;
- mandate CPD on prescribing for all newly licensed physicians; and
- promote the development and uptake of effective CPD.