General Office Clerk
Position Title: General Office Clerk
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer, Associate Registrar
Position Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia serves the public by regulating the province’s medical profession in accordance with the Nova Scotia Medical Act and its regulations. Among other responsibilities, the College licenses physicians to practise medicine, supports high standards of medical practice and investigates complaints about physicians.
The General Office Clerk will be primarily responsible for providing reception coverage and office support. This position will provide outstanding customer service to external and internal clients by telephone and in person.
The following are the key responsibilities of this position:
- Provides relief to front desk reception (regular breaks, meetings, vacations, etc.);
- Answers, screens and triages calls in a professional, courteous manner;
- Performs regular checks of meeting rooms to ensure they are in working condition;
- Meeting and catering support including overseeing meeting room calendars; and
- Provides office support and administrative tasks to various departments.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school, business diploma and/or undergraduate degree;
- One year relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as described;
- Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe, and Microsoft CRM;
- Professional and friendly; and
- Highly confidential.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental plan, pension plan, a health and wellness allowance, educational assistance and professional development opportunities.
If you qualify for the above position we invite you to apply with your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received until the position is filled. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.